The recipe for these Philly Cheese Steak Sliders is so quick and easy to make! Thin slices of steak cooked with peppers, mushrooms, and onion, added to Hawaiin buns and coated with a garlic butter seasoning.
PIN this recipe to your sandwich board HERE!
What are Philly Cheese Steak Sliders?
A Philly Cheese Steak is a sandwich that originates and has its roots in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (that’s where it gets its name from). The sandwich is made with thinly sliced beefsteak and melted provolone cheese. Often peppers, mushrooms, and onion are added to the steak. I love the combination and we often make the sandwiches or order them when we are out and about.
Philly Cheese steak Sliders-
As wonderful as the Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches are, they aren’t all that great for parties. These sliders take everything that is so wonderful about the sandwich and make them into mini portions. Perfect for families with little children or parties!
What kind of meat do I use for a Cheese steak?
Rib-eye or a top round is the traditional cut of meat used for cheesesteaks. Striploin, roast beef or any other steak will work great as long as it’s cut as thin as possible. You can also purchase pre-cut meat at your local grocery store.
How to make Philly Cheese steak sliders?
- Cook the steak, add the vegetables and seasonings.
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the garlic butter spread.
- Cut rolls in half, separating the tops and bottoms. Place the bottom of rolls into a 9”x13” casserole dish lined with parchment paper.
- Spread mayo on the bottom of bread rolls.
- Add the cooked meat and vegetables to the casserole dish, spreading evenly over the rolls.
- Add the cheese over the meat and place tops of buns over the cheese.
- Lightly cut into the sides of buns to make openings for butter topping to penetrate down to the meat.
- Bake and serve.
- Enjoy, friend.
I hope you make and love this Philly cheese steak recipe. Don’t forget to tag us on social media if you make the recipe. We love to see your creations. #ValentinasCorner
TRY THESE OTHER RECIPES:
- Ham Honey Mustard Sauce Cheese Sliders– the sauce is wow.
- Turkey Bacon Grilled Cheese Recipe– just think… bacon.
- Chicken Artichoke Spinach Boats– so original.
Philly Cheese Steak Sliders with beef strips, provolone cheese, sauteed mushrooms, peppers, and onions. Topped with a garlic spread.
- ¾ lb beef, sliced thinly
- ½ red pepper, thin strips
- ½ green pepper, thin strips
- ½ onion, sliced
- 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 (12 rolls) Hawaiian buns
Combine the salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic together in a small bowl for the sliders, set aside.
Cut beef into thin strips. Cut the mushrooms, onion and peppers into thin strips.
In a skillet, heat 1 tsp oil with 1 Tbsp butter. Add the beef, saute until almost fully cooked. Season with half of the prepared seasoning.
Add remaining 1 tsp oil and 1 Tbsp butter. Add the peppers, mushrooms and onions. Cook on medium heat until vegetables are tender. Season with remaining seasoning. Mix vegetables and beef as needed.
Cut the rolls in half removing the tops. Add the bottom of buns to a casserole dish. Spread mayo on both sides.
Add the cooked beef and vegetables, spread evenly on the rolls.
Add the cheese evenly over the beef and vegetables. Place top of the rolls over the vegetables.
Prepare butter spread: Combine melted butter, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder and mix. Generously brush the tops of rolls.
Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes at 375°F, remove and bake another 5 minutes or until cheese completely melts.
Cut sliders, serve and enjoy!
GETTING TO KNOW YOU: What are you favorite sandwiches for parties?