The BEST Crockpot Chicken Alfredo recipe, so easy to make! Juicy shredded chicken and pasta in a creamy homemade Alfredo Sauce. This is a great recipe for busy dinners and easy cleanups.
slow cooker chicken alfredo video-
Watch Valentina make the easy crockpot chicken alfredo recipe!
CROCK POT CHICKEN ALFREDO-
This Crockpot Chicken Alfredo pasta is truly the perfect Italian-inspired pasta dinner. With just about 5 minutes of prep work, let the slow cooker do the rest of the work for you!
The chicken and pasta are slowly cooked in a creamy homemade Alfredo sauce until pull-apart tender and melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
- Chicken – boneless skinless chicken breasts works the best.
- Cream cheese – cream cheese adds creaminess to the Alfredo sauce!
- Butter – unsalted butter is what we want.
- Garlic – freshly minced garlic is best. You can also use garlic powder if you dont have fresh garlic.
- Seasoning – salt and pepper is all we used but you can add a little bit of Cajun Seasoning for the kick in the pasta dish!
- Chicken broth – balances the thickness of the dish.
- Heavy cream – gives that perfect creaminess and consistency to the pasta.
- Pasta – we like to use penne pasta, but any other short pasta will work. You don’t need to cook your pasta, just add it to the crockpot uncooked.
- Parmesan cheese – you can use pre-grated parmesan cheese or grate fresh cheese.
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER CHICKEN ALFREDO-
- Cook chicken and cream – Add the chicken breast, cream cheese , butter, garlic, seasoning, broth, and heavy whipping into your slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5, until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Cook pasta – Remove the chicken and shred, return to the crockpot along with the pasta, parmesan cheese and cook on high for about 35-40 minutes, or until the pasta is fully cooked through.
- Serve – Top with freshly grated parmesan and chopped greens and serve.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
We do not recommend freezing this pasta dish as the pasta does not hold well when frozen.
You can reheat it in the slow cooker, or add it to a skillet and heat on medium heat with a splash of milk to bind the sauce.
The internal temperature of cooked chicken should read 165°F.
Yes, you can pan-sear your chicken breast before you add the slow cooker for that crispy flavor.
You do not have to shred your chicken, you can also cut it into small pieces or any size you desire.
Yes! Just add the uncooked pasta into the slow cooker and it’ll cook with the rest of the ingredients. If you have leftover cooked pasta, then once added to the crockpot, cook just until the pasta is heated so it doesn’t become mushy.
MORE ALFREDO RECIPES-
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Chicken Stuffed Shells
- Broccoli Chicken Alfredo
- Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups
- Alfredo Flatbread Recipe
- Mushroom Chicken Alfredo Casserole
The BEST Crockpot Chicken Alfredo
- Add the chicken breast, cream cheese, cubed butter, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, chicken broth, and heavy whipping cream into the slow cooker. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5, until the chicken breast is fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken and shred, return to the crockpot along with the pasta, parmesan cheese and cook on high for about 35-40 minutes, or until the pasta is fully cooked through.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan and chopped greens and serve.