Amazing Mushroom Chicken Alfredo Casserole. Chicken fillets with sauteed mushrooms smothered in a rich and creamy homemade Alfredo sauce. This amazing casserole is the perfect comfort food to serve guests or your family.
Follow Valentina’s Corner on Pinterest for more inspiration!
An easy and mouthwatering recipe for homemade alfredo. Chicken tenderloins and sauteed mushrooms in a creamy homemade sauce baked as a casserole. The casserole is so comforting and perfect whenever you’re in the mood for alfredo.
how to make mushroom alfredo casserole-
- Season chicken.
- Cook in a pan until chicken is crispy.
- Sautee mushrooms, add garlic.
- Add flour, heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese, season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer until the Alfredo sauce thickens.
- Add chicken to a casserole dish. Pour mushroom Alfredo sauce over the chicken.
- Bake and enjoy.
what to serve with chicken casserole-
Serve the mushroom and chicken alfredo casserole with a side of buttered pasta noodle (any pasta will work), or mashed potatoes.
can vegetables be added to this casserole-
Yes, you can add your favorite vegetable that you traditionally like to add when preparing alfredo. Broccoli or green beans are a great option.
I hope you love the recipe for this easy and quick casserole.
Try these other PASTA recipes:
- Chicken Marsala Recipe– So easy to make.
- Mushroom Chicken Pasta Recipe– With a surprising sauce.
- Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine– So popular, and for a good reason. SO GOOD!
Mushroom Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- 2 lbs chicken fillets
- 2 Tbsp Olive or Canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 12 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly beat chicken with a meat mallet. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet on high heat, add half of the chicken. Sautee chicken about 5-6 minutes, until golden in color, turn chicken few times.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken and another tablespoon oil. Set chicken aside.
- Add mushrooms to skillet with butter. Sauté until mushrooms are golden, lightly season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and sauté another minute.
- Quickly stir in the flour, stir quickly. Add heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese, stir until well incorporated. Lightly salt and pepper (to taste). Turn heat down to low and allow the sauce to thicken.
- Add chicken to a casserole dish. Pour mushroom Alfredo sauce over the chicken. Cover with foil.
- Bake 35 minutes, until Alfredo is bubbling. Remove foil. (If adding shredded cheese, do so at this point).Bake another 10 minutes, until cheese melts. Garnish with fresh herbs.