Amazing Mushroom Chicken Alfredo Casserole. Chicken fillets with sauteed mushrooms smothered in a rich and creamy homemade Alfredo sauce. This amazing casserole is the perfect comfort food to serve guests or your family.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
An easy and mouthwatering recipe for homemade alfredo. Chicken tenderloins and sauteed mushrooms in a creamy homemade sauce baked as a casserole. The casserole is so comforting and perfect whenever you’re in the mood for alfredo.
how to make mushroom alfredo casserole-
- Season chicken.
- Cook in a pan until chicken is crispy.
- Sautee mushrooms, add garlic.
- Add flour, heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese, season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer until the Alfredo sauce thickens.
- Add chicken to a casserole dish. Pour mushroom Alfredo sauce over the chicken.
- Bake and enjoy.
what to serve with chicken casserole-
Serve the mushroom and chicken alfredo casserole with a side of buttered pasta noodle (any pasta will work), or mashed potatoes.
can vegetables be added to this casserole-
Yes, you can add your favorite vegetable that you traditionally like to add when preparing alfredo. Broccoli or green beans are a great option.
I hope you love the recipe for this easy and quick casserole.
Try these other PASTA recipes:
- Chicken Marsala Recipe– So easy to make.
- Mushroom Chicken Pasta Recipe– With a surprising sauce.
- Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine– So popular, and for a good reason. SO GOOD!
Mushroom Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly beat chicken with a meat mallet. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet on high heat, add half of the chicken. Sautee chicken about 5-6 minutes, until golden in color, turn chicken few times.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken and another tablespoon oil. Set chicken aside.
- Saute the mushrooms in the skillet until fully cooked.
- Add chicken to a casserole dish. Pour mushroom Alfredo sauce over the chicken. Cover with foil.
- Bake 35 minutes, until Alfredo is bubbling. Remove foil. (If adding shredded cheese, do so at this point). Bake another 10 minutes, until cheese melts. Garnish with fresh herbs.