This Cranberry Brie Crostini Recipe is a must for the Holidays. Toasted crostini topped with brie cheese slices and a classic cranberry sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
what is crostini?
Crostini are small pieces of sliced bread that are toasted or grilled and have a sweet or savory topping. The toppings can range from meats, cheeses, jams, or cheese and cranberry sauce together as we have in this recipe.
The crispy bread slices with cheese and cranberries are a wonderful combination of flavors, especially during Thanksgiving and Christmas when cranberries are in season.
how to make crostini recipe-
Prepare the cranberry sauce. The full step-by-step instructions are in this POST.
Meanwhile, slice the bread to about ½” in thickness. You don’t want to slice too thin or too thick.
Brush the bread with olive oil. Spread out the slices evenly on a baking sheet and bake bread until crispy and dry.
If you like the brie melted, add the brie slices to the bread before baking.
If you prefer the brie uncooked, add the slices to the bread once they are baked, then top with cranberry sauce.
can I prepare the crostini in advance?
This crostini recipe is so easy to prepare and the toasted bread tastes the best fresh but the cranberry sauce can be made a few days in advance. You may need to add a few tablespoons of liquid when reheating the sauce if it’s too thick.
We enjoy the cranberry served warm but it can be served cold as well.
For large parties or during the holidays, a variety of sides is always a must. That’s why I love these crostini, they make for beautiful individual appetizer bites or even a side dish.
try these other great appetizers:
Cranberry Brie Crostini Recipe
- 1 portion cranberry sauce
- 8 oz brie cheese
- 1 French bread, sliced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Prepare the cranberry sauce.
- Meanwhile, slice the bread to about ½” in thickness. You don’t want to slice too thin or too thick, you should get about 22 slices, depending on the size of your loaf.
- Brush the bread with olive oil. If you want the brie cheese melted, add brie slices on top of the bread slices.
- Bake the bread slices at 375°F until crispy.
- Slice brie into thin slices. Add the slices to the crostini.
- Generously top brie with the cranberry sauce.
- Enjoy, friends.