This Easy Chicken Thighs recipe baked in the oven make the BEST chicken dinner! You only need 10 minutes of prep time resulting in the juiciest crispy boneless and skinless chicken thighs.
Chicken is such a classic protein to cook with and the recipes are endless! We have so many Chicken Recipes, with the Pan-Seared Chicken Breast and our Crispy Chicken Wings as reader favorites.
EASY CHICKEN THIGHS-
These oven-baked easy chicken thighs are in an easy marinade and seasoning then baked until the skins are crispy yet juicy and tender inside.
Boneless and skinless thighs are inexpensive protein to cook with and so versatile.
Do I have to Marinade the chicken?
We recommend at least a 3-4 hour marinade (or overnight), but if you are pressed for time 30 minutes will be just fine.
Yes, this is the perfect recipe to prepare in advance! You can marinate the chicken up to one day in advance and just keep it refrigerated. Then, just bake per instructions and serve.
How to Make Easy Chicken Thighs-
You can either add everything to a mixing bowl or use a plastic bag to marinate the chicken. Then, just transfer into a baking dish and bake.
- Prepare marinade– In a small bowl, combine the mayo, olive oil and minced garlic.
- Make seasoning– In a separate bowl, combine the salt, pepper, chili poweder and paprika for the seasonings.
- Prep chicken- Trip off any excess fat from the boneless skinless chicken thighs and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Coat chicken– Add chicken thighs to a mixing bowl and completely coat with the mayo mixture.
- Season chicken– Season the chicken with half of the seasoning, turn the chicken over and season with remaining seasoning. Mix chicken to combine.
- Marinade– Cover bowl and set aside to marinade at least 3-4 hours in the fridge.
- Bake Chicken– Transfer chicken to a baking dish and bake until golden and browned. Pour juices gather in the baking dish over chicken before serving, they add so much flavor and keep it moist.
How long does it take to bake Chicken Thighs?
The size of the thighs will slightly affect the baking time for the chicken. It is best to test the readiness of the meat with a cooking thermometer, the thickest part of the chicken should read 165°F internal temperature.
- Boneless and Skinless: Bake at 375°F for 40-50 minutes.
- Skin-on and Bone-in: Bake at 375°F for 50-60 minutes.
- Boneless and Skinless: Bake at 400°F for 35-45 minutes.
- Skin-on and Bone-in: Bake at 400°F for 45-55 minutes.
CAN I REHEAT oven-baked CHICKEN THIGHS?
- In the Oven:Yes, these juicy chicken thighs are great when reheated. To reheat, cover thighs and bake until reheated,
- In a Skillet: Reheat in a skillet with the extra juicy over med/low heat until reheated.
- Microwave: Cover the chicken thighs and cook until reheated.
USES FOR LEFTOVER CHICKEN THIGHS-
If you have any leftovers, shred the chicken with two forks or cut them into cubes or slices. Here are some great recipes the chicken may be used in:
The chicken thighs are great to serve with mashed potatoes or rice, and a side salad or vegetables!
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES-
Here are some of our favorite chicken recipes we regularly serve in our home:
- Lemon Chicken Recipe
- Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Chicken Marsala
- Creamy Poppy Seed Chicken
Easy Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 3 lbs chicken thighs (boneless & skinless)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- In a bowl, combine mayo, olive oil and minced garlic. Add chicken thighs and coat with mayo mixture.
- Prepare the seasoning. In a separate combine the salt, pepper, chili powder and paprika.
- Season boat sides of chicken with the seasoning. Cover bowl and allow chicken to marinate 3 – 4 hours (or overnight).
- Transfer chicken to a baking dish 400°F for 35-45 minutes or until top of chicken is crisp areand golden.